[bksvol-discuss] Another Validation Dilemma

  • From: "Max G. Swanson" <mswanson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 16:02:28 -0500 (CDT)

There may be a couple different answers for my question, so here goes:

The book I'm validating contains some obvious scannos, such as II for 11
and a degree sign for a zero.  There is, however, a sentence something
like, "There are approximately ROO million evangelicals in the U.S.

The obvious substitution might be 200, but 200 million seems a bit high.
For those reading this on screen, the 'O' is the letter, not the zero.

Right now the RTF file has XXX in it, so I can find the spot easily.  But
without a copy, and within the norms of validation, what should I do with
this?

Should my first book to validate have been, "Fun with Dick and Jane?""

--
DocuThe real question in the Don Imus Controversy: Could Tom Joiner have
gotten away with say it?  Pax, Max.  <Mail to: mswanson@xxxxxxxxxxx> or