[bksvol-discuss] Another Submission

  • From: "Natasha Baebler" <guidingpaws@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bookshare Volunteers" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 23:09:43 -0500

Here's another mystery for your validating pleasure. This one completes the
Sunny Childs Pl.I. series with all the others either on BKS already or awaiting
validation

Blue Plate Special by Ruth Birmingham

Atlanta PI Sunny Childs continues with a tense tale of dinner-hour death...

It's crowded at the Blind Pig Diner, but there's none of the usual clatter and
chatter. In fact, the place is dead silent. All eyes are glued to the
gun-toting teenager holding the place up-and the body of a woman on the floor.

Sunny Childs, a hard-nosed, fast-talking private eye, happens to be among the
customers-turned-hostages. The trigger-happy criminal has been claiming
innocence of the murder from the get-go, and wants to prove it before he'll let
anyone leave. Now it's up to Sunny to investigate what looks like a clean-cut
case of murder in a closed-for-business diner, before time runs out...

Natasha and Guide Dog Fossey

"I want to be successful like everyone does, but through my idea of success. I
don't just mean that I will make a lot of money and be known for what I do, but
that I make a difference in someone's life."
-- Megan Piontek 1985-2008
----