[bksvol-discuss] Re: Another Question for Braille Readers

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 01:30:40 -0400

And Carrie is staff. She can speak with engineering. Yet we get the below message.

I know Carrie is doing her best.

If she is confused, imagine how the volunteers feel.

I have been volunteering for over six years and am confused.

Imagine how the new volunteers feel.

IsIs there somebody on staff will to speak to these issues who is technically capable of doing so?

Jake where are you?

E.

At 08:57 PM 5/19/2008, you wrote:
I thought I said that multiple blank lines would be removed until there was a blank line between paragraphs, or add one if there was no blank line between paragraphs. In any event, I was wrong. I just checked the XML and HTML versions of a file and the display shows blank lines, but when I highlight the text, the blank lines are not highlighted. This means that there are no blank lines between paragraphs, it just looks like it in the display. Claire just stopped by and said that maybe there are blank lines, they're just not being highlighted. What about Victor Reader Soft and other programs like that? Do they recognize blank lines between paragraphs?

Now more confused than ever, Carrie