[bksvol-discuss] Re: Another Page Numbering Question

  • From: misha <mishatronics@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 20:06:04 -0800

Really good to know. If I ever get up the nerve to chop the Ace Doubles that I have ...

On 11/18/2015 3:11 PM, Judy s. wrote:

Hi Evan,

Sandi and I had a book like that late last year. Bookshare staff tested it with the numbering kept like you're describing, starting over at the beginning of each new book. It worked fine with the converter and kept all the numbers as they are. However, the one thing that it doesn't correctly figure out is the number of pages that are in the book for the metadata page. What it will do is decide that the total number of pages in this book is 198. You will have to change that manually in the metadata page when you submit the scan so it has the correct combined total of pages. It won't mess anything up if you don't, except that any reader who looks at the book's page in the collection will get the wrong page total and think that it's a much shorter book than it really is.

Judy s.
Follow me on Twitter at QuackersNCheese <https://twitter.com/QuackersNCheese>
On 11/18/2015 4:33 PM, Evan Reese wrote:
Hey Guys,
I’m scanning this book that contains three complete novels in it. Well, I got up to page 115 in the first novel and decided to check the final page number to see how far I still had to go. Well it turns out that each of the three novels begins numbering pages from page 1. That is, the first novel ends on page 198, then page numbers begin again with 1. The second novel ends on page 174 and then the final novel begins on page 1. Now I need to know if these pages need to be numbered as though they were starting from the final page number of the first novel, or can I leave them as they are?
I have a feeling I know the answer, but I want to make sure.
Thanks much.
Evan