[bksvol-discuss] Another Incorrect Rating

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <geraldhovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 14:00:31 -0600

        I have another with an incorrect rating.  It's rated Excellent,  but
needs
a rescan.

Helm by Steven Gould

It not only has more misspelled words than I would expect to see in a book
with an Excellent rating, but is missing a word at the end of many of the
lines.  It would be difficult to follow in some sections if you haven't read
the book before.  It's possible that the validator could have rated it
higher than it deserved due to it containing Japanese terms related to
Aikido, but only if they didn't read it.  Marissa, If you would like to
verify the problems, I suggest searching for the word "Chinese" and reading
3 or 4 pages.  This is probably the worst section of the book.  I'm not
using Victor Reader Soft from the download tools, but it appears that the
page number might be 89 since there's an 89 just above where you find the
word "Chinese".  It was page 82 of the .XML file in OpenBook, and appears to
be page 72 of the actual book.

Gerald