[bksvol-discuss] Re: Announcement regarding the BookshareScans Website

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <hart0421@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 12:20:14 -0500

Hi Marissa,
I think a blog like that would be interesting. We don't usually get to hear
about the state of things in Africa unless there's an Ebola breakout,
violent coup, or other horrible bloodbath. I like reading and hearing about
international news, and usually know a lot more of what's going on in other
countries than I do about what's going on here in MN. <lol> I have several
friends from different countries in Africa, and knowing them has helped me
realize that all those terrible statistics are real people. Of course I new
that before intellectually, but hearing a friend from Sudan tell me about
how his only baby sister died of measles really brought that home to me.
Kellie