[bksvol-discuss] Animal series discovered is there interest

  • From: juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 23:15:20 -0500 (EST)

yeah I know the subject is a bit vague.

We have one of this series in our collection... and I am wondering if there
would be interest for me to scan the rest.

And if someone would be willing to validate them?

They are older books from the 1960s and 1970s, but the information they
present is pretty relevant or so far I have found.

From what I have seen, all that would need to be done is edit out the "junk"
caused by pictures, and then label the "captions" as captions, as they
aren't right now.

These are adult level books, and full of some really great detail, and
information.

Anyway, as I did a "The World of the..." search in our library I came up
with the following.

Bison
Black Bear
Ant
Coyote
Great Horned Owl
Bee
Harvester Ants
Frog and Toad
Moose
American Elk
Wood Duck
Canada Goose
Swan
Red Tailed Hawk
Otter
Bottlenose Dolphin
Giant Panda
Wolf
Polar Bear
Grizzly Bear
Snake
Wasp
White Tailed Deer
Walrus
Jaguar
Ruffed Grouse

I suspect I am missing a few from this list as I just caught them as I went
down the list.

I am willing to scan these, they aren't too huge, and they do offer quite a
bit of still useful information for their age.

Anyway let me know if there would be any interest.

The one we have in the collection is

The World of the Beaver

Anyway let me know, as I can grab them while I am here at Western but
probably won't have a ton of time to edit them.  My library in Corry only
has the Beaver book.

Am planning to pile up and validate over Christmas.

Will have a full work load next semester with six classes and practicum.  So
plan to do some validating and scanning to "unwind" after a hard day of
grooling work, smile.  Actually it is relaxing to me, guess I am strange?

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council
www.guidedogs.com