[bksvol-discuss] Re: An alternative to validating fair quality submissions

  • From: "Mike and Lori Castner" <mandlcastner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 19:28:41 -0800

I believe that accepting fair quality books actually slows the growth of the collection. Not so much because of all the BSO's that are generated, but because new members get hold of them and they are not impressed. If people don't like what they get from Bookshare, they don't join. If we present a quality product, we get more members and if we get more members, more people will become scanners and validators. I hope this makes sense.

Mike