[bksvol-discuss] Re: An alternative to validating fair quality submissions

  • From: "Gary Petraccaro" <garyp130@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 18:54:25 -0500

I've tried it both ways and emotionally prefer a clean scan, but i must say that there were times when I carried it too far. If I can get pages to about 99.4 accuracy, there's a good chance that I will have pages which can be cleaned up with not too much work--certainly no more work than the time it would take to optimize a book and probably somewhat less. I did one book, optimizing all the way, and it was not an experience I'd willing repeat. Btw, I will submit this book as soon as I can read through and, since it has a few graphs, I will ask someone sighted to take a look at a print copy and help out. Not at all a long book, 250 pages, but a few graphs.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>