[bksvol-discuss] Re: An Update From Bookshare

  • From: Mayrie ReNae <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 06:29:12 -0700

Hello John!

Thanks for the wonderful news! So many wonderful changes have taken place in the last few months! Please let the folks responsible know that their hard work is very much appreciated. And yaye, If I can maintain my submission goals, I'll have paid subscriptions until I'm a very old woman. Thank you, all of the BookShare staff.

Peace,
Mayrie

At 04:18 PM 7/13/2007, you wrote:
Hello All,

The Bookshare team has been busy again, and we have made some updates to the site which we hope you will like:
Here is a summery of the things that have been done:

Submission and validation credits now carry over from year to year. This means that when a subscription is renewed using credits, additional credits above the renewal price remain in your account.

The number of books which a validator can have out for validation at one time is now limited to a maximum of 5. We hope this change will allow more people to validate, and allow books to be processed more quickly.

We had some reports of problems with simple search, these should be fixed.

Also, there were some authors who couldn't be found using the search functions. We believe that these have been corrected, but if you find any which are broken, please let us know.

For some books, the synopsis fields had spaces removed, these have been corrected.

We are very close to posting our volunteer manual. I am sure that all of you will find valuable information in it. We will send a message out to the lists when it is available.

There have been many other internal changes and fixes, which make Bookshare faster and more efficient for our system administrators.

John Glass
Customer Support Manager, Bookshare

Benetech
480 S. California Ave., Suite 201