[bksvol-discuss] An OpenBook question

  • From: Alexis Read <alexisread@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 17:30:06 -0700 (PDT)

I'm using OpenBook version 7.02 for my OCR and had a question regarding
something that's recently come up.  Normally when I scan something using
express batch, there is a tone indicating when the scan is done (this is
actually after the scanner beam thing has reached the top of the scanner
glass.)  I know then that I can turn to the next set of pages.

  Recently, however, I have had an interesting problem.  When I start a
scanning project, the first page scans fine, meaning I hear the scanner's motor
humming like it's supposed to.  After the tone sounds, though, I turn to the
rather hear the tone again.  When I stop the scan, I notice that multiple pages
have scanned, one or two for each tone.

  With all that info, here is my question.  What do I need to do in order to
ensure the scanner's motor continues to run?  I rely on the motor's sound to
tell me that the scanner is indeed scanning.  Without it, I have no idea what's
happening.

  Any insight would be very helpful.  Thank you.

Alexis Read
alexisread@xxxxxxxxx

"Who dares to teach must never cease to learn." John Cotton

starting at 1¢/min.