[bksvol-discuss] An ISBN question

  • From: "Liz Halperin" <lizzers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 21:56:14 -0700

I just scanned a quick little science fiction fave from the 60s, The
Revolving Boy by Gertrude Friedberg. I have the 1966 original paperback
copy published by Ace Books, Doubleday and Co. There isn't an ISBN. I
looked in Amazon.com and they list a 1980 version, by Del Rey
publishers, with an "ASIN" number, whatever that is. Then I checked
Barnes and Noble, and they list a 1980 version by Random House with the
ISBN same as the ASIN. All are the same copywrite author.

So when I submit this, I will put the original 1966 copyright date as
that's the edition I have, but I don't have an ISBN... What should I do?
Explain all this in the scanners comments box? I have heard that
validators sometimes don't read the messages the scanners put in.

Liz in Seattle

Liz Halperin
Seattle, WA
lizzers@xxxxxxxxxxx