[bksvol-discuss] Re: An Easy Validation

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 23:10:52 -0600

Hi Sharon,

Searching for \t since I told you that was one of the characters should be sufficient to find it in the manual, though admittedly I didn't try it. Alternatively you can open the Bookmarks dialog and navigate to:

9 Editing
 Searching for text or tables
   searching for special characters

which in the version 10 manual will take you to page 135.

You can also use the F1 keystroke in the find/replace dialog to get hints about searching.

I checked the version 11 manual and don't see an escape character for whitespace (meaning spaces, tabs and new lines) that Stephen and I had corresponded on. I'll have to check it out when my upgrade package arrives--hopefully soon, I ordered it on the 8th.

HTH,
Jake
----- Original Message ----- From: "Sharon" <mt281820@xxxxxxxxxxx>