[bksvol-discuss] Re: Alternates to trial versions of MS Word?

  • From: "Martha Rafter" <mlhr@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 10:41:53 -0500

Hi Jessica,
Aren't those ribbons awful? Anyway, a good thing about 2007 and above is that all of the old MS Word commands (keyboard shortcuts) work. If you can remember them they're very useful. Hope this helps!
Marty
-----Original Message----- From: MissWings
Sent: Wednesday, December 28, 2011 12:12 AM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Alternates to trial versions of MS Word?

Hi all,

I haven't done any proofreading for Bookshare for a good while now,
and I'm trying to get back into it.  I'm attempting to proofread a
book, but this laptop doesn't have a full version of Word on it, only
a trial version, and it's Windows Vista besides.  I've not used Word
in Vista, and the menus are confusing. Jaws says something about
ribbons, and i've never used them before.  Does anyone know of either
an alternate program I can use, or what I need to do in order to
correct any errors I find?  When I try to delete something with the
delete key, the text still is on my screen, and I can't figure how to
get rid of it.  Any help anyone can be would be very much
appreciated, as this is frustrating, to say the least!

Jessica