[bksvol-discuss] Re: All quote closed quotes

  • From: Chris Fleming <wellbeing@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 22:00:53 -0600

Hi Sue,

In addition to the normal apostrophe and double quotes that you mentioned, there also are open and close apostrophes and quotation marks. If you have Microsoft Word you will find in the insert menu under symbols the special characters tab a list of these symbols, you can insert them from this dialogue box or you can get the keyboard combinations for them and do it yourself.

I really do not know if they are used that often.

What is frustrating about this is, JAWS says quote for all of the different quotation marks and JAWS says apostrophe for the different apostrophes.

Instead of using the normal double quote, Openbook uses the close quote. I didn't realize this because Openbook speech says double quote and when you read the document in word or any other word processor, JAWS just says quote.

Hope that helps.

Chris

        At 02:32 PM 3/6/2005, you wrote:

HHHHmm.  In typing I have always used the "same" marks, and for quotes
within quotes I use the 'apostrophe'.  So you people have lost me.  I kknow
they are different in Braille but I guess I thought they were like I just
indicated in print.

Sue S.