[bksvol-discuss] Re: Advice requested

  • From: "Sue Stevens" <siss52@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 17:52:09 -0500

Scott, would you please write a word such as San or Sao and put the symbol in so we can see what it should look like?

Thanks,
Sue S.

-----Original Message----- From: Scott Rains
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2011 5:06 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Advice requested

Kim,

I'm occasionally in touch with the Brazilians working on digital book
accessibility. Let me ask. I suspect that, as long as Word is using proper
ASCII, the answer that Bob gave about using the virtual keyboard is going
to be the right answer.

Scott

On 8/29/11 2:16 PM, "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi, Scott, how do I put that tilde you mention over the A? Do I turn on
the thumb keys and write an alt key with a number that represents the A
tilde? I know I have a tilde on the computer keyboard but am unsure how
to make that A tilde look good. Any advice I can get will be
appreciated. I think I have a message about circumflexes using the
Control key and something else. Thanks for the info Scott. You see, if I
were writing Braille, (not the Portuguese Braille, but standard Grade 2
Braille) Any accented letter is marked with a dot 4 in a Braille cell.
For example, if I were writing "puree" (which in French would have an E
accent aigu over the first E), I would write "p-u-r-dot 4-e-e". So also,
if I were writing Sao Paulo in Braille, I'd write "dot 6 (capital letter
sign) s-dot 4-a-o dot 6-p-a-u-l-o". Regards, Kim Friedman.