[bksvol-discuss] Re: Advice needed.

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 09:38:53 -0700

Hi, speaking strictly from my point of view, if it's in the book then I
leave it in. I do have a gripe, though. I know certain things may not be
considered core material such as glossaries, appendices, etc. but I
figure if you have gone through the whole bother of proofreading the
text as a whole, I'd want to make sure whatever is in the book is
presentable and readable. Of course, it wouldn't hurt to get some
mentoring on how to format such things as glossaries, appendices, etc.
I'd certainly appreciate such advice if I were proofreading a book of
fantasy containing such materials. I couldn't do a thing about maps
unless there was sighted assistance available, but the other things, I'd
think it would be my duty to make sure it was readable. I downloaded an
Indian cookbook possessing a glossary, and believe me, it is a mess and
not usable. That really bothers me. Regards, Kim Friedman.