[bksvol-discuss] Re: Adult rating

  • From: "Paula Muysenberg" <outofsightlife@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 23:12:30 -0500

    Making notations about violence or profanity in the Long Synopsis field
need not be a requirement. I think it should be an option, however, for
people who wish to use it. The entries need not be lengthy. Guido's idea
about conbo boxes seems like a perfedct solution, but who knows if that
would ever be implemented?

    If Bookshare insists that entries regarding content be placed in the
reviews instead, perhaps they should provide a link, so we can write reviews
at the time of submission. It's just too easy not to bother, when you have
to wait until the book becomes part of the collection. Here again, however,
such a change would require a revision to the website.

        For now, it seems to me that it would be best to allow volunteers
the option of including something brief in the Long Synopses. No one who did
not want to make such additions would have to do so. It's true that the
entries would not be standard, and not all of them would be perfectly
understandable, but than, not all synopses are understandable, anyway.

Regards,
Paula