[bksvol-discuss] Adult or Not? Advice, Please

  • From: Marilyn Beasley <mbeasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 11:40:38 -0400

Hi, All.

I need a little advice here on whether a book is Adult Content
or not  I just finished validating it but have not uploaded it because
I need said advice.

It's a Horror book, so I guess you're asking for scariness, I can't
fault it with that. My heart is still pounding. This particular book has:

Rape, including of minors, low graphic
Sex with humans, both consensual and nonconsensual, low to medium graphic
Sex with nonhumans, both consensual and nonconsensual, medium graphic
Violence, including dismemberment and death, low graphic
Suspense/Fear Level: HIGH

Any thoughts?  Would I let my 16-year-old daughter read it?  Even if she
was really into Horror?  No, I don't think so.  But I could be wrong...

Wondering,
Marilyn