[bksvol-discuss] Re: Adult content please read please

  • From: Laura Shannon <brighteyes324@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2013 11:42:46 -0400

As stated "the system is there for a reason" and as volunteers we are bound
to adhere to the system as Bookshare regulates. Per Alisa's email:

"*These are limited to explicit depictions of sexual acts with no redeeming
social value, as well as extreme and gratuitous violence.  If a
non-print-disabled minor walks into a good bookstore or public library and
can obtain a copy of a book without an adult being involved, then a
print-disabled minor will be able to access the same book through
Bookshare."

*
Therefore, these are the guidelines the volunteers are to adhere to as
well. Meaning, that if the book is not required to be kept separate at a
bookstore, then it should not be marked adult content for Bookshare. It is
not for all of us (regardless of which way our mind bends) to decide what
is or isn't adult content.*
*
*
*