[bksvol-discuss] Re: Adult content, please read, please?

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2013 13:50:02 -0400

#
Despite Anne's contention that I am somehow against guidance I am all for it and this is one of the forms of guidance that I mentioned. I mentioned reading reviews, reading synopses and getting information about books from conversations with people. This would fall into the last category of finding information about books. I would advise Nimit, though, that you will only get the personal opinions of others and I will repeat that the only way to know for sure if you will like a book is to read it and if it turns out that you don't like it you can always stop reading it like you have already said that you have done. Let me suggest that this kind of discussion be taken to the general discussion list rather than be conducted on the volunteer list. That is where literary discussion needs to be.
On 4/4/2013 12:35 PM, Kellie Hartmann wrote:
Hi Ann and Nimit,
I like your idea of supporting young people and their parents in this way. I would happily help you with this project, or just answer such questions on an informal basis.

Nimit, if I were your mom, I would be very pleased and proud of you for obeying. Also, I'm glad you are willing and able to speak up for yourself about what you need. It's great that you joined the volunteer community, and if you ask about books I will answer your question if I know or can find out conclusively.

Hth,
Kellie