[bksvol-discuss] Adult Content Please Read

  • From: "Kathy Novak" <trebor@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 19:00:54 -0700

I like the NLS system of gaguing content, the word "some" before strong
language, violence, and descriptions of sex. If the word "some" is not there,
and there are references to strong language, violence, or descriptions of
sex--or explicit descriptions of sex, you can bet that there is plenty of it in
the book.

I believe that if a parent cares enough about a child to screen books and/or
movies, that parent should know if the book meets standards. In the best of all
worlds, the parent should read the book first, but this is hardly the best of
all worlds, so honest evaluation is the next best thing.

Kathy N.