[bksvol-discuss] Re: Adult Content

  • From: "Dornetta" <dornetta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 18:17:53 -0500

So Madeleine;
To label a book adult content probably be based on if the book is "racy"
according to a bookstore standards. For example, with a Zane novel. I don't
think that we have to worry about proofing any of her novels because the
publisher delivers them to Bookshare. But I am just using her as the example.
Her titles are "filed" under Erotica in the bookstore (BAM and BK) and if a
author has similar content as her, should we file it under Adult Content, then?
Also would urban thriller's be counted as such. Another author I'll use as the
example is K'wan. His books are also delivered by the publisher but I would
like to scan his earlier books which has loads and I do mean loads of killing
and very graphic details at that. Does this killing move the character towards
his destination in the book? Yes, it does but ...
I don't think that they are "filed" under "parent permission" category in the
bookstore but for all intense and purposes, I would think that it should be
under AC. I am only asking because I have 3 of his earlier novels I would like
to scan, since the ones that are in the collection are apart of this series.
Thanks, Netta