[bksvol-discuss] Re: Adobe Acrobat Professional 8 and possibly 7 OT

  • From: Barbara <barbarab65@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 02:09:39 -0800 (PST)

Thanks, I need that, too. I don't have to buy a typewriter after all. A friend
of mine cleaned up my scanned signature so now all I have to do is to insert my
signature into my text.

james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:   Hi,
If you have the full installation of Microsoft Office 2003, it also has a
utility that will recognize a TIF (text image file) which just about all
scanning packages produce. Normally, you would find the facility under
Microsoft Office Tools. It's called Microsoft Document Imaging. You can
recognize a scanned image and send it to Word and save it in a few formats.

Jim

James D Homme,
Usability Engineering
Highmark Inc.
james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx
412-544-8177

"If you think you can, or if you think you can't, you are right."

"Barbara"
obal.net> To
Sent by: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
bksvol-discuss-bo cc
unce@xxxxxxxxxxxx
g Subject
[bksvol-discuss] Adobe Acrobat
Professional 8 and possibly 7 OT
02/22/2007 04:48
AM

Please respond to
bksvol-discuss@fr
eelists.org

Yesterday, I downloaded a trial of Adobe Acrobat Professional 8 because I
wanted to be able to fill out PDF forms by typing in the information which
I could not do on the free Read-Only version. . Did you know that the
Professional version has a special recognition feature that will take
unrecognizable files which a screen reader like Zoom Text cannot read and
rescan them with an OCR program so that the Adobe program can recognize
the images? The screen reader still cannot recognize the images but the
Adobe program can read it out loud with its read out loud feature. This
recognition feature is not built into the free Read-Only program, as far as
I know. The Professional version is extremely expensive (over $400) but the
Professional version for students only costs, I have been told, about $100.
Amazing!

Barbara

Barbara