[bksvol-discuss] Re: Adding characters not on the computer keyboard

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 01:12:32 -0700 (PDT)

If you're using Word, and the Insert File is on your
ruler at the top, you can open it and go to Insert.
Then you can insert the letter with the accent mark on
it. However, if you can't see, I don't know how you'd
find it.

However there are key combinations, and actually those
are what I use, because it's easier. I have a Mac, but
onthe op of my option key is the word alt, so I'm
assuming it functions as an Alt key. If you hit the
alt key together with the letter e, you will get an
acute; then type in the letter you want and it will
have the acute over it. The alt key and the grave
(reverse acute) sign which, on my keyboard, is to the
left of the number 1 in the top row of the keyboard,
give you the grave sign for the top of your letter.
the alt key and the c key give you a c with a cedilla.
Alt i will give you the circumflex, alt u will give
you an umlaut, and alt n will give you a tilde. Alt g,
if you need it, will give you the copyright symbol.

I hope those work for you.

Cindy