[bksvol-discuss] Re: Ace collins christmas set

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 23:39:29 -0500

Ace collins christmas setDear Larry,

Stories behind the Best Loved Songs of Christmas  by Ace Collins is already in
the collection. I proofread it after two people worked on scanning it. It took
two because a sighted person, Jamie Yates, had to help with the song lyrics.
It's a wonderful book. I'd read it again. Ace is very musically informed, more
so than many authors about Christmas music.

I don't have the two other ACE books though I was tempted to order them. I'll
leave those to you for they will be great additions to our holiday books. The
writing style is both interesting and very well informed and never boring.

Evan and I are working through at least 15 more Christmas books, some of which
he's already scanned. I'll put a list of them up tomorrow so we don't duplicate.

I'm very glad you'll be doing the second book of Christmas songs and the book
of Traditions by Mr. Collins. Those are among the cream of the cream of
Christmas books.

It's bedtime here, but look for our Christmas project list tomorrow.

You and Susan, Evan and I add substantially to the holiday books. I love the
niche we're filling.

The first book I'll be proofing is Maigret's Christmas. It's a good detective
series set in France and will appeal to most adult  mystery lovers, male and
female and is over 400 pages. It's a series of Maigret short stories involving
Christmas with more child characters than we ever see in the Maigret novels.

I have a few Thanksgiving books to go, but they'll be submitted before
Thanksgiving.

Always with love,

Lissi