[bksvol-discuss] Accessing The Volunteer Manual

  • From: "Lisa Belville" <lisab12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 18:04:36 -0600

Hi, all.

I have a friend interested in volunteering, most likely as a validator. I thought I could show him the volunteer manual on the Bookshare site, but it doesn't look like I can access it unless I'm logged in as a volunteer.

Is this indeed the case, and if so, is there a specific reason why this manual isn't availible to anyone who isn't signed up as a volunteer?

I sent him the link to the general volunteer FAQ, but I think having access to the manual might better outline what is involved in validating so he or anyone else who's interested can get an idea of what the job entails before registering as a volunteer.

I realize it might also scare off some people who feel the process is too daunting, but I still feel like this infromation should ve availible to anyone accessing the Bookshare web site.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Lisa

I'm Not Abnormal, I'm Just a little different.

Lisa Belville
lisab12@xxxxxxxxxxx
y2kkong@xxxxxxxxx