[bksvol-discuss] Re: Accessible ebooks--adobe digital editions now accessible to screenreader

  • From: "Sue Stevens" <siss52@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 13:11:01 -0500

Hi Jackie!  (big smile)

It is great to see a post to the list from you!!!!

Sue S.

-----Original Message----- From: Jackie McBride
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2011 11:48 AM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Accessible ebooks--adobe digital editions now accessible to screenreader

Just a quick note to say that Adobe is working w/other vendors to make
Adobe Digital Editions accessible w/their products also. Currently
it's based on Windows UI automation, which seems to be supported fully
only by Jaws at this time. This is an important, allbeit very late in
arriving, development. I post this because accessible reading
materials is a subject that touches every one of us in our various
endeavors, whatever they may be. Linux users are still left in the
dark, as it were, but it appears that Mac & Windows are supported.

All my best.