[bksvol-discuss] About to submit a fantasy.

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2012 21:23:12 -0400

I know that there are at least a couple of big time fantasy fans on this list, so I am going to give one of you a crack at this. I will soon be submitting The Thief of Kalimar by Graham Diamond. I don't think that you will find very many scanning errors, but I am going to leave the formatting up to you. I may leave the synopsis up to you too. The back cover did not scan and I do not find a synopsis on Good Reads, so I will either have to write the synopsis myself or leave it to the proofer and, as for me, I have been working on this so long that I will be glad to finish and I don't know if I want to compose a synopsis too. I suppose it remains to be seen if one will be filled in when I upload it. Anyway, here is basically what it is about. There is a thief who lives on the streets of a walled city in what amounts to a ghetto and he is barely scraping by with his lover who is a dancing girl. A stranger passes through town and the couple find themselves becoming traveling companions with him. Many dangers are faced in this fantasy land and the book culminates in the defeat of an evil empire. Pretty standard fantasy fare, eh? Oh yes, prepare yourself for magic too. More standard fantasy fare, eh? I will let the first person who asks for it have it. I will probably be uploading it tomorrow and if no one has requested it by then I will throw it up for grabs.