[bksvol-discuss] Re: About ISBN

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 00:41:30 -0400

Dear Mary Anne,

Guess what. You don't have a problem after all!

Bookshare doesn't require an ISBN if you've searched in good faith and can't find one. If you can't find an ISBN, though, Bookshare asks that you include a long synopsis which can be up to 2,000 characters long, but can be any length under that you like as long as it's longer than a short synopsis.

If you haven't written a long synopsis yet, just write a summary of what the book is about and run a spell check. I write mine before I submit a book. Then when I'm filling out the form I copy the synopsis I've written in a word document and paste it in the long synopsis field on the form.

Here's a little advice I was given and use. I make a document for any book I'm scanning or validating. It contains all of the information I'll need when I fill out the form, title, author, copyright date and holder, short and long synopsis ISBN number if there is one and comments if they are needed. Then when I submit or upload, I just copy and paste everything I need in the boxes. It makes filling out the form easy since the work is done in advance. I keep those documents in a file I call Synopses, one of those just in case behaviors in case questions come up. Has a question ever come up? Nope!

Hope this helps.

Always with love,

Lissi
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mary Anne Lynskey" <yeksnyl1953am@xxxxxxxxxxx>