[bksvol-discuss] ALL the text highlighted - validator puzzlement mode

  • From: "Rik James" <d28rik@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 14:55:44 -0600

I wonder if any of you has ever had this situation...

The book I'm trying to validate has ALL the text highlighted. I'm using Word
2003.
All of the text throughout the entire book is highlighted.  This must mean
some code of formatting but I cannot seem to find out what.  It makes
navigating the book very strange when trying to move around in the file.

Any ideas, gratefully appreciated.

Carrie has told me it was done with the ABBY fine reader and a fast Cannon
like she does a lot of books.  It also has taken things like the Contents
and made it into a table, but I've already dis-assembled and re-built that.
And the Index section shows me that it is 2 column mode but not the rest of
the book.  Some of the text has put hard returns at the end of lines, and
other parts are just fine.  I did the 9 steps for fixing that like I did
earlier this week, but when I did that the whole book was all squished
together, all page numbers all titles, everything.  So I reverted back to my
previously backed up copy.

About at the end of my old rope.  Not down and out, but definitely looking
for some sort of a burst of an idea.

If I can't figure it out, I think I'll release it back, even though I have
quite a chunk of time into it, with what I mentioned above.

Thanks.
Rik