[bksvol-discuss] A wish list suggestion

  • From: "Donna Smith" <donnafsmith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 12:47:34 -0500

Hi all, and those in particular who maintain the wish list.

I have a bit of trouble, mostly from lack of patience, in poking through the
whole wish list to pick something to scan because it is so long.  Might it
be possible to institute some suggested policies around requesting books for
the list such as:

1.      Only three requests for each individual
2.      If something stays on the list forever and the individual requesting
wants to request something new, then s/he would drop off a previous request
in order to add a new one
3.      As requests get filled, then the individual can replace them with
new requests

Perhaps this would be an administrative nightmare since it's all done
voluntarily anyway, so just ignore if it's not possible to implement.  I'd
just thought I'd offer some ideas to make it a little more manageable.  I
might scan more from it if it wasn't so daunting to look through it.

Thanks for everyone's work in making all this happen.

Donna