[bksvol-discuss] Re: A question re homonyms in context

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 12:59:10 -0700 (PDT)

If by written the same way you mean not broken into
syllables, the answer is yes. There is an explanation
in this particular book section, because Cleopatra is
musing about her condition--and the two words--so in
this case whoever reads it--and it's a good
book--would know, but seeing the words in such close
proximity made me wonder about the situation and about
homonyms in isolation, like the examples you all gave
me about read and read and lead and lead.

Thank you all who have replied. Robert's explanation
makes the most sense to me, since it would pronounce
isolated homonyms such as read correctly.

The modern world of technology is amazing!!

Cindy