[bksvol-discuss] Re: A question of navigation

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 21:01:53 -0800

Hi Kim,

You can use the "find" command in notepad just as you do in Word.

Press control plus f to open the find dialogue in notepad or wordpad.
You are sitting in an edit box.
Type the text you'd like to find.
If you typed the text and don't know whether you want to find upper or lower
case you can hit enter.

If you are certain of whether the text you're searching for is in upper or
lower case letters, tab until you see the option for "case sensitivity" and
make sure that is checked so that the letters will be searched for if they
are either  upper or lower case depending upon what you typed.
Tab to "ok" and hit enter
You will be taken to the first instance of the occurrence of the text for
which you searched.
Hit escape to dismiss the dialogue and you can look around to see the text.

Hope that helps.

Mayrie