[bksvol-discuss] Re: A question about page breaks

  • From: "Jana Jackson" <jana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 00:19:14 -0500

Hi, Lissi! I haven't finished reading my e-mail today (another adventurous day in the life of an evacuee!), but I did want to comment on one thing. Sometimes the OCR software won't recognize hyphens in the middle of words. If you think this may be the case, please go ahead and insert those hyphens. It's not our place to make those words easier to recognize with speech, but it's certainly fine to make sure that compound words are hyphenated when they are supposed to be. In the case of the word blood-red, it's probably right to hyphenate it, unless the context is such that it was purposefully misspelled. Hope this helps!

Jana

----- Original Message ----- From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>