[bksvol-discuss] Re: A question about page breaks

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 15:11:10 -0400

Dear Natalie,

Like you, I check each page break manually with the arrow keys. I'm not only
checking that the break is there, but also verifying that the spacing for the
page number if it's at the top of the page  has a blank line above and below
it. I mostly use the arrow anyway so I won't miss some little detail that could
use fixing. Since I'm not validating for the fifty cents, I'm one of those
volunteers who wants the book to be squeaky clean when I submit it. It's both a
challenge and matter of pride.

You know, I'm actually not positive about what I'm doing. One way I conclude
there's a page break is that jaws says a page number in a lower voice which
isn't always the number before the actual number on the page that follows.
Those low voiced numbers can be as  many as ten pages different from the book's
numbering. I wind up keeping  track of both, figuring neither should have
skipped numbers.

Keep asking questions, Natalie. I learn from them too though I didn't
understand Gerald's answer to your question about soft page breaks. I think it
doesn't matter if I get the difference between soft and hard breaks since I
just use that arrow and seem to find them....I hope!

Always With Love,

Lissi