[bksvol-discuss] Re: A question

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2007 10:26:21 -0400

Hi Cindy Lou,

I'm not sure what you're asking here but, if you look at the comment history field when you go to download a book from the Step 1 page, it shows what has happened with the book to date. If the volunteer allows their information to be viewed you'll see who submitted it, who downloaded it, who has released it, or who has renewed it in the past, as well as some other actions like being kicked back to the Step 1 page for some reason or another. I'm not sure if you're asking this or not, but if you renew a book, you're not downloading it again so it wouldn't use the term download, but rather renew, as you are just extending your edit time. If the individual associated with some action on the book is shy, or just doesn't want to be bothered, and they don't allow their user data to be shown, than the only entry for them will be the notorious "A Bookshare Volunteer."

hth,

Dave

At 09:45 AM 10/7/2007, you wrote:
I have been working on this book for a long, long time. I keep either
renewing it or going past my time. Is there a way to get it to say who
you are if your time expires? Also, if the book was renewed, then it
says your name. Is that the reason: it was renewed rather than
downloaded again? Not sure I get it.

Cindy Lou Ray. Each day is a new adventure.