[bksvol-discuss] Re: A proofreading problem to watch out for.

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 21:57:31 -0700 (PDT)

I think this problem arises because people do a global replace of end-of-line
hyphens with a space instead of checking to see if the hyphen should be
replaced or actually belongs  there.Maybe scanners and proofers should be
reminded that not all end-of line hyphens should be removed. Check to see to
see if the next line begins with the part of the word that follows the hyphen.
This pobably happens less with proofers and scanners who actually read the
books they work on

list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List: