[bksvol-discuss] Re: A perhaps inappropriate request

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 10:47:20 -0400

Hi Sarah,

Have you read the Brother Cadfael series by Ellis Peters?
It is a series taking place in 14th century England. The primary character is a Monk who solves crimes from theft to murder, but it gives the reader a feel for life in the period.
Brother Cadfael Omnibus is in the Bookshare collection, but I think there are around 20 or so different books.

Dave

At 02:37 PM 5/7/2004, you wrote:

I would love to hear suggestions for historical fiction with enough detail
you can actually learn from as well as be entertained with.