[bksvol-discuss] A new list

  • From: Tony Baechler <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 23:07:33 -0700

Hi. I have offered this before but no one showed any interest, but my offer still applies. I will be happy to set up a list just for bookshare stuff not covered on the official lists, or for off topic stuff. Please let me know if there is enough interest in this. If there is, then we need to decide on the list name. I will set up the list and post subscribing instructions here. I do agree though that the off topic stuff is getting way too much. I know that sometimes I post something off topic too but it usually at least sort of relates to books. Last time the response was that we don't need another list so it didn't happen.

At 12:19 AM 5/31/2005 -0400, you wrote:

Not to be the grinch that stole the listserve or anything, but it would be loverly if the OT stuff migrated off-list. Please don't answer *this* message on-list agreeing or disagreeing with me ... people are going to do what they're going to do, and I understand that, but we might have more volunteers staying on list if it stays topical. My in-box is really taking a beating between this and three or four other lists, and if traffic on this one stays heavy with superfluity, I'm going to have to unsubscribe. I'd be happy to help someone set up an unofficial community list for OT goodness, if that would help at all.

Tony Baechler Maintainer, goldenaudio.net (TM) online archives http://goldenaudio.net/