[bksvol-discuss] Re: A couple of questions

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <GeraldHovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 11:56:13 -0600

Nancy,

1. BSO is an acronym for Bookshare.Org.  Gustavo has recommended that we add
those letters to the title for books which are being submitted for the
purpose of improving an existing book in the collection (i.e.e when someone
rescans a Fair book).  Read the Volunteer Home Page the next time you're on
the website for Gustavo's note on Improved Books.

2. Sounds like you're taling about the F1 key or the first of the Function
Keys on the keyboard. The F1 key is the second key from the left at the top
of nearly all keyboards, and it's usually used to open a dialog box or
another application for providing help.

3. The Long Synopsis is found on a book's web page.  Left Click (or hit
Enter while on) a link associated with the book's title.  You'll find links
to downloadd the DAISY and BRF versions of the book along with additional
information about the book like the Long Synopsis.

HTH

Gerald