[bksvol-discuss] Re: A bit of a complaint

  • From: "siss52" <siss52@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 12:26:00 -0500

hear hear!!!!!

Sue S.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jill O'Connell" <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2007 10:57 AM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: A bit of a complaint

I would like to expand on what Cindy Lou is complaining about. If you
remember, Bookshare's philosophy from the beginning was why not share a book
with others that you have scanned and read. If people followed that
philosophy, some of the books we see would never have been submitted because
the submitter couldn't have read and enjoyed them. Why anyone thinks they
are doing us a favor by submitting raw scans I can't imagine. If they don'
care enough about the book to read it, why do they think we would?