[bksvol-discuss] Re: A Weird Error while checking in Books. Is anybody else having it?

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 15:17:13 -0400

#

In bad weather or other situations in which there might be an ISP outage I get that same error page when trying to connect to any web site. It is generated by your computer to tell you that it is simply not connecting. If you are actually on the Bookshare site and are navigating to other pages on the site then you are not having an ISP outage, but for some reason you are just not connecting with the page you are trying to get to. About the only thing I can think of to do is to hit the refresh key. If that does not work after several tries you might have to just quit and come back and try again later.
On 6/29/2013 2:42 PM, Nimit Kaur wrote:
Hello All, Well, I am trying to submit my books but the site is giving
me a weird error for no reason.  OK, so I upload the file, and hit
continue, then it gives me this error copied and pasted below:

        The website cannot display the page
         HTTP 500
        Most likely causes:
•       The website is under maintenance.
•       The website has a programming error.
        What you can try:
                Refresh the page.

                More information

Is Anybody else getting this error?  The site has been uncooperative
with me before, but I never got this weird error.  What does that
mean, anyways?  Well, Just wanted to let you know.  I also included
Madeleine in the email so she knows about this weird error.  Will try
later on.  Thanks!  Good luck to you guys with the site, then.