[bksvol-discuss] Re: A Variety of Book Clubs Being Planned by Friends of Bookshare

  • From: MissWings <misswings@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 00:29:34 -0500

I didn't know Bookshare had meetings people could attend online ... what time are they are is it in the same room you can get to from the Friends of Bookshare main page? Just curious.

MissWingsAt 11:22 PM 8/20/2007, Barbara wrote:

Is someone going to post all the activities in the community chat room? Maybe, we can discuss this, tomorrow, at our Tuesday meeting. I would love to have a discussion about TS Eliot's work if anyone is interested in this topic. I would be willing to organize this topic.

Barbara

Jim Baugh <jim.baugh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
FOR IMMEDIATE DISTRIBUTION

A Variety of Book Clubs Being Planned by Friends of Bookshare

Responding to requests from many book enthusiasts, the Friends of Bookshare
is pleased to announce that several genres are now being targeted for one
hour book discussions in our community room.

In addition to the already announced Christian fiction discussion on
Tuesday, August 21, watch for specific information about the Harry Potter
book club that will begin on Wednesday, September 12. Since a one hour
session will not allow sufficient time to cover the series completely,
subsequent meeting dates will no doubt be scheduled.

A book club targeting Horror books and authors is scheduled to begin
sometime in September. Date and time will be announced soon.

We are currently looking for people interested in helping develop
discussions on other categories: Science Fiction, Biography, Historical
Fiction, General Fiction, Non-fiction, Young Adults, K-12, , Mysteries,
Western, Romance, World Religions and more.. If you have a special
interest in helping, please send an email to Pat Price at pat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
You can lead a book club alone or share the FUN AND responsibility with
others. Also, remember that our community room is open 24/7 so it will
accommodate these book club meeting on varying days of the week and at
different times.

You need not be a Bookshare.org member or volunteer to PARTICIPATE IN any
Friends of Bookshare activity. Each event is free and requires no
pre-registration.

To join this community of SUPPORTERS OF Bookshare, click on the community
Room link on the Friends of Bookshare Home page at:
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org or use the following direct link:
http://conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs7867a2369e0e

If this is the first time you have entered a Talking Communities chat room,
or the conference client has been updated, you will need to install and then
run the Talkcom software. It is very small and safe to install on your
computer.
When the installation is complete, you will be returned to the sign-in
screen. Select the Enter Room button. Enter your first and last name, Leave
the Password field blank. tab to the log in button, and press Enter.
That's it. You will be in the room and can begin talking with others in the
virtual audience by pressing and holding down the Control key.
Don't hesitate to invite all your friends. Seating is unlimited and All
events are FREE! Also, stop by the community room anytime to visit with
friends, discuss books and authors, get personalized training on book
scanning, submission and validating or get immediate answers to Bookshare
issues.

For additional information, contact:
Friends of Bookshare
Pat Price, Chair
Friends of Bookshare Planning Committee
317-254-1185
Email: pat@xxxxxxxxxxxx

This online live event is entirely an activity of Bookshare volunteers that
is sponsored by the Accessible World in partnership with Talking
Communities. http://www.accessibleworld.org

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
PM