[bksvol-discuss] A Tip for Kurzweil 1000 Version Nine Users

  • From: "Linda Adams" <ladams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 09:44:10 -0600

Hello, everyone.  With this message, I hope to save time and trouble for new
people scanning books with Kurzweil 1000 Version Nine.
If you want to send Bookshare a book in the RTF format, first scan and save the
entire book as a KES file.  When the book is completed, use Alt F A for
"save as", then save it as an RTF file.  If you save any portion of the book as
an RTF file before it is completed, multiple blank pages will be added
which will be difficult for you and the proofers to remove, and your book will
be rejected.  I don't know if later versions of Kurzweil cause this problem,
also, but since scanning takes a lot of time and work, just be safe and save
books as KES files first, then save them as RTF files only once.
I hope others will benefit from my mistake.  I just resubmitted that book, and
I think that it will be fine now.
Linda Adams