[bksvol-discuss] Re: A Summer Project?

  • From: Chela Robles <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 13:27:00 -0700

Glad you like that memoir Dr. Bil Hawkins wrote about me. Also there
is the blog about me called "A Lady And Her Trumpet" always appended
at the end of my signature. I read Kind Of Blue: The Making Of The
Miles Davis Masterpiece by Ashley Kahn and Jimmy Cobb proofread and
photo described by Grandma Cindy and scanned by me, it is a great must
read when you have the album to listen to at the same time! I also
went to a great concert, Chris Botti at the SF Davies Symphony Hall
July 15 with my dad and Chris had mentioned Davis Flamenco Sketches
which happens to be part of Kind Of Blue! It all tied in with my
reading and that made my night just being there, I feel revived as a
trumpeter and proofreader! I'm still working on a project gathering
books for a couple fellow volunteers from this group.

On 7/29/11, Scott Rains <scottr@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Having passed the midway point for summer 2011 I have been wondering how far
> through their summer reading scanning, or proofing lists people have gotten.
> I am impressed by the literary output of Bookshare volunteers recently and
> wondering if there isn't an energy there to be tapped.
>
> Judy S. recently created a bibliography of Bookshare books on a topic close
> to her heart - horses. Shelley Rhodes just shared her tribute to Judson her
> guide dog. Chela Robles let us read her biography. Not long ago release of
> Michael Hingson's book was getting a lot of discussion on the list :
> http://www.amazon.com/Thunder-Dog-Story-Triumph-Ground/dp/140020304X
>
> Bookshare is often open to input for blog posts. Maybe you have some ideas
> to contribute. Some topics on a summer theme they'd like to hear about:
>
> What were your top reads from the Bookshare collection for summer 2011?
> What is still on your summer must read list?
> What to-be-published books are you looking forward to?
> What sort of Bookshare Special Collection bibliography would you create if
> you could? Do you have titles to suggest to make that collection even more
> complete?
>
> Happy end of July.
>
> Scott Rains

"To me, music that breaks your heart is the music that stays with you
forever. It's one thing to be melancholy and one thing to be sophisticated,
but when you get the two of them together in a way people can relate to,
then I think you're on to something. You want the sophistication to lie in
the purity of the sound, the beauty of the arrangements, and the quality of
the performances."-Trumpeter Chris Botti
--
Chela Robles
E-Mail/GoogleTalk/AIM/Twitter/MySpace/LinkedIn: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx