[bksvol-discuss] Re: A Request for Fewer Off-Topic Messages

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 06:33:24 -0400

Hi all,

The longer you post about this subject the more messages there will be. Some suggestions come to mind. First, there is the Bookshare-discuss list. Let's all try to use that instead of this list. Second, if you are posting a message that you think absolutely must go to both lists, then do so, but don't make it a matter of course. Third, let's try to eliminate the "I agree" type posts, eh? You know the kind of post where you just say, I agree, or yes that's right, or whatever. Fourth, maybe some people might want to try reading *all* messages in their inboxes and then replying by using single messages to reply on a given thread. Some people tend to write six or seven replies to a single thread when one or two would be fine. Finally, folks, if your message is for a single individual, then post it privately.

If we follow these simple suggestions, then we may see a reduction in list traffic.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring