[bksvol-discuss] A Problem With Converting to RTF

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 15:36:35 EDT

There is a certain book that I downloaded for proofreading some time ago
and put a lot of time into until I got it right. When I downloaded it I put it
in my Open Book 6.0 to proofread it there. When I finished I converted from
ark to rtf and placed it in my documents on the computer. The file was
unreadable there. It appeared to be a blank file. After trying this several
times I decided to try uploading it anyway to see if the Bookshare tools
recognized a file. Apparently they did because they gave a page count and
everything else as I would have expected, so I completed the submission.
However,
Carrie did not approve it. Well she meant to not approve it. Actually she
accidentally approved it and then took care of it by withdrawing it from the
collection. I figured out that the problem was that somehow, in the conversion
process, the letter d was inserted at the beginning of each and every line.
There is no space either. The first word of every line begins with a d. Well,
I still had a copy, so I just submitted it to step 1 noting this problem
and telling the proofreader to fix it. The person who picked it up for
proofreading just rejected it saying that there are minor errors in virtually
every
sentence. That implies to me that the proofreader did not read my note, but
if there is no easy way to remove the d's I think I might have rejected it
too. I have what seems to be a perfect copy in Open Book right now and I
don't have to remove a single d, but if I convert it they show up and I can't
remove them then because I can't access the converted file. After having put
so much work into this book I would hate to give up on it, especially when
the ark file appears to be perfectly okay. Is there any way I can convert
this book without this problem?

                                                          "I find
capitalism repugnant. It is filthy, it is gross, it is alienating... because it
causes war, hypocrisy and competition." Fidel Castro

The Militant: http://www.themilitant.com/txtindex.shtml Pathfinder Press:
http://www.pathfinderpress.com
                 _

An Excellent Credit Score is 750. See Yours
in Just 2 Easy Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221323006x1201367222/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072
&hmpgID=62&bcd=JuneExcfooterNO62)