[bksvol-discuss] Re: A Pagination Question

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 17:02:50 -0700 (PDT)

I do what marty does. Start and workback.

>________________________________

you start with the page with xi, number backwards until you get to the first
page.  It doesn’t matter if the book does not start with i, I, or 1.
One of the books I did started with 3.  HTH!
>Marty

hope someone has an idea for me.

>I scanned a book (it's a religious one) that has
several unnumbered pages of front matter, and then it starts numbering with
Page
xi, and has something like thirty pages of Roman numerals after that.  I
started numbering with i, but there were only seven pages before xi, so it
appears there are three missing pages, though there aren't.

>How do I number the front matter in this
book?