[bksvol-discuss] Re: A New Submission by Barbara

  • From: Barbara <barbarab65@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 02:11:53 -0700 (PDT)

I just submitted the following book about dementia:

Title: When a Family Member has Dementia: Steps to Becoming a Resilient
Caregiver

Author: Susan M. McCurry

Copyright Holder: Susan M. McCurry

Copyright Date: 2006

ISBN: 0-275-98574-1

Short Synopsis: The author describes the physical, emotional, and social
aspects of dementia and gives caregivers suggestions on how to deal with a
person with dementia.

Long Synopsis:

The following quote is taken from the "Introduction" of the book which was
written by Dr. Linda Teri:

"Dr. McCurry brings to the caregiving community this book of hope. By
presenting glimpses of the caregivers she has worked with over her years of
clinical work, she shows the rich diversity of possibilities. She illustrates
how things can improve, as well as how to cope with those times when it feels
like things can only get worse. For caregivers just embarking on this mission,
Dr. McCurry's compassion shines through. She will help you understand the
disease process as well as how to deal with it. For experienced caregivers,
whether family or friend, Dr. McCurry's insights may bring new ideas to old
problems."

Dr. McCurry offers many exercises designed to help people cope with the person
who has dementia. The exercises and her suggestions are based on her knowledge
of psychology and on her psychotherapeutic background.

Comments: I described the charts and figures and proofread the first few
chapters. I also spell checked the file for scanning errors. Since there are
some charts and figures, a sighted proofreader might be necessary.

I forgot to put my e-mail address in the Comment Section. It is
barbarab65@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I
have the book in my possession and can rescan pages, if necessary.